Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Calender confusion




We were told our court date was just plain incorrect when it was first given. Apparently, the calendar conversion was just off. Ethiopia is on a completely different calendar than ours and it's 2002 there. It's a different month and a different date too, so it's not even an exact 7 or 8 year difference. I've tried to learn about it. I've read about it & it still doesn't make sense to me.

So, it's either May 3 or May 5 for our first court date. Either way, it's next week. I don't expect to hear for a few days whether we pass or not on the first try. In the meantime, I need to stop worrying about it. I feel it will happen when it happens and I'll have my moments of frustration and helplessness when I have them. I just need to accept it all as it comes.

I spent the rainy, cold Sunday finishing the baby mobile. It didn't turn out the way I exactly imagined, but I like it! I also made baby boy's prayer bead bracelet. Josh wears one and I've been wearing mine as a necklace, but I think I'll do a bracelet as well.



1 comment: