So, finding time to blog and show how absolutely adorable Gadisa can be is getting tricky these days. I don't control my schedule like the old days. Everything revolves around when he's going to allow me some time to do these little things like blogging and sitting down for a moment to collect my thoughts. Regardless, I wouldn't change A SINGLE THING. I am loving our new life with him.
Last night was a hard night though. Little boy was not feeling so hot and was up crying (screaming) for hours straight. I was quite proud of our tag team effort to soothe him and take turns with him. This first photo is after he was back to sleep. He was exhausted. Even our pets this morning all looked like no one got any sleep. The dogs kept coming in the bedroom looking at us like "What the heck are you guys doing to him?!"
So aside from being zombies, I wanted to share my top 10 favorite things about him.
1. His smile. It makes everything just perfect. I mean, seriously...everything is so much better when he gives us that huge, sweet grin.
2. His laugh. He sure thinks his dad is hilarious.
3. How much he loves his maraca. It makes him so happy. I'm enjoying the time before it starts flying across the room! Notice it in 2 of the photos above.
4. Rocking him to sleep. His room has the best, most peaceful environment when it's bedtime. I cherish the moments I have with him when he's so tiny and precious and just laying his head on my shoulder drifting into dreamland.
5. The way he pats me back with his little hand when I'm patting his back to soothe him. I just inhale that moment.
6. His smell! Oh my gosh, I love the baby smell so much!
7. Our summertime walks. He loves to go for a walk and the peacefulness we both get from these goes a long way.
8. His love for music. He loves to beat on his drum, his xylophone and just about anything else. He calms down when the Ipod goes on and falls asleep to Nick Drake, Patsy Cline, The Beatles and Kings of Convenience among others.
9. His mood when he wakes up. He's so giggly.
10. How he just studies everything. Those big eyes just taking the world in. His curiosity and thoughtfulness I love to watch.
Don't get me wrong. I am fully aware that I am in the honeymoon stage of being a parent. We are exhausted and at times overwhelmed when we can't figure out why he's crying, but man...life sure is swell.