Saturday, January 9, 2010

It was a success!




So, our Ethiopian dinner turned out absolutely amazing. I'm quite proud, if I do say so myself.
I started cooking at 6pm and Josh came home from work and jumped in and helped. It was quite a long ordeal, but so much fun. We were done with cooking, eating and the dishes at 9:50. Sooo...I would say this is definitely a style of cooking that helps to do a lot of prep work the day before.
It was incredibly spicy. Too much for me, as I'm kind of a wuss with spicy. I'll have to tone it down next time. I can't wait to try it again! The injera didn't turn out the way I had hoped, so I do need to work on that more.

By the way, supposedly (and I do say "supposedly") we are NUMERO UNO on the list now for a boy. #8 on the list if we were preferring a girl, but, since we do not care whether it's a boy or girl I would say it's 99.99% a boy! Now, we're really focusing on those boy names.

We were told yesterday that we have to have our homestudy tweaked to be more specific with some wording, but luckily that will not affect us on our spot on the list. So, another trip up to Topeka to get it re-authenticated once our social worker makes those changes and then it's sent to Ethiopia again to be translated. We hope to have this on it's way to Ethiopia ASAP so they can insert it into our Dossier. Making this change should help avoid confusion when we have a court date and pass through court easier.






1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! Both John and I love Ethiopian food...especially that spongy bread!

    ReplyDelete