Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve and restless


6am Christmas Eve morning...couldn't sleep. I've either slept too much the last couple of days or it's the wondering...the what if's...the swarm of thoughts filling my head that woke me up early this morning. I typically need more sleep than anyone I know (I'm talking like a good 10-11 hours would be perfect!), but I can't right now. Hate to say it, hate to think it, but I'm wondering if anything will happen today. If any phone call will come our way. I know I said I wasn't going to hold my breath and I'm not. I'm just innocently wondering. I keep thinking, what is our future child doing right now? He/She (although I'm feeling "he") is alive. Breathing, crying, squirming. I just desperately need a little face to put to all my thoughts. If that little face could come today, that would be simply amazing. Here's to a long day. I'm sure I will be crashed out for a lovely afternoon nap at some point. Happy Holidays to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment